Thursday 8 June 2023

08/06/23 Appointment

My appointment at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital came through - October 9th. Rather longer than I'd hoped for but that's the way the NHS is these days. Perhaps I'll get lucky with another cancellation. One slightly worrying thing is that the orthopaedic surgeon I'm seeing has his specialities listed as sarcoma and metastatic disease. I don't have the slightest reason to suppose I have either of those and if a hint of one of them had appeared in that recent CT scan, my unofficial medical adviser has quite rightly pointed out, I would be on a 2-week urgent cancer referral. But the stupid worm of doubt in my mind won't accept that...

Boules at Towe yesterday went quite well - played two, won two on  a very difficult stony "terrain" where a lot of the throws went off at 45 degrees (or worse) on first bounce. Fortunately my partner was a very good shooter, and that's invaluable on such tricky ground.

I was not put into a good mood on arrival, because the car park had been re-decorated, courtesy of some morons and the local foxes:











Also had a copy of the clinic letter from the Springfield orthopaedic surgeon. He says I should continue using a stick and avoid putting any extra load on my left leg. I had worked that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...