Sunday 28 April 2024

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hours. Very small "incisions", just two 1mm holes very close together. All looking good now.










"Before" on the left, "After" with the injected cement on the right. That gives me a lot more confidence in the mechanical stability of the joint. A completely unexpected benefit is that I can now get up from chairs much more easily, and can bend to pick things up off the floor again. Well, I could before, just about, but with a lot more difficulty than I have now. Just hoping that will last...










UCLH food not bad, certainly edible. Breakfast very limited, just a choice of cereal or toast.









Discharged Friday mid-day and short of sleep after two bad nights. But made up for that last night with over eight hours and a score of 100 on the CPAP machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...