Tuesday 17 January 2023

17/01/23 Walter

First, not a lot of myeloma news. Nothing yet from the NHS. That "bone pain" in my left thigh has got worse again, sometimes close to its worst a few months ago. I'm convinced there's something nasty behind it, and as soon as I'm in with the NHS I'm going to be badgering them for a scan. Also, that sharp stabbing pain in the back left rib has returned except that it's more "bone pain" these days. It hits me particularly when getting up from chairs.

The big news is that we've signed the first stage of the paperwork for the big move into the retirement apartment. A combination of factors - the state of the market, interest rates, McCarthy & Stone's desire to get the first few people moving in - all led to them offering a very good part-exchange deal, so we took it. No estate agent fees to pay, removal costs all covered, and of course no worries about finding buyers and chains collapsing below us. We're due to complete at the end of the month, and then we get four weeks of access to the new place to move a lot of things in, get new stuff delivered, etc. before the final date of Feb 28th. And a lot of things to organise before then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...