Wednesday 18 January 2023

17/01/23 (2) One chapter ends...

First time I've posted twice in one day for quite a while, the reason being that this evening I attended my last Parish Council meeting after rather more than ten years and with a few things to show for it. We've got ultrafast fibre broadband. We got a VAS speed sign in a sharing scheme with other parishes, lost it, and now we're buying one of our own. We got a defibrillator and even better, it didn't cost us a penny (although it does cost a bit to run). We may at last be finding a solution to the flooding problem in one part of the village. The long-running battle to extend the 40mph limit through the whole village has still to be won but at last we've got "advisory" 30mph signs for the accident black spot bend near the church. And perhaps the highlight was bringing the whole village together for the 2018 Remembrance Day. That was something I won't forget. But we're moving into Chelmsford, so I've resigned as Councillor and Vice-Chairman. Will I find a new role in the new place? Do I want one? Time will tell, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...