Saturday 4 February 2023

04/02/23 NHS update

(Also copied from a Myeloma Support UK post)

Another update, from the Broomfield Haematology secretaries. My "re-referral" was received but it never went into the review/triage process. So while I thought that was happening over the last couple of months, it wasn't. Nobody knows where the re-referral is. It was either lost or it's in one of two places but we don't know which or the dog ate it or it's down the back of the sofa or accidentally misdirected to the Bermuda triangle or abducted by aliens, they just don't know... So they've got the GP surgery to email everything to them again and we start the process from Square One all over again. With luck.

A classic piece of NHS administrative incompetence, it seems. I continue to wait for however long this stage is going to take and I don't see how anybody I could complain to would make it go any faster. I've kicked up enough of a storm already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...