Friday 1 July 2022

01/07/22 10/10

That's my score for lunch at the cafe in Hylands Park yesterday. Sausage roll (inevitably), brownie, and cappuccino. Couldn't have been better.

My GP recently put me onto Indapamide (low dose - 1.5mg) to control the rise in BP after the surgery - from 120/70 approx to 140/90 or thereabouts - and also as a continuous-action diuretic to control the ankle oedema (proving rather better than occasional Furosemide). He sent me for a blood test a few days ago. Result came in yesterday with slightly low potassium (3.1 against normal 3.5 - 5.3) and that seems to have thrown the surgery into a bit of a panic. I have to have a re-test as soon as possible which turns out to be July 12th!
My K levels in my myeloma blood tests have always been in normal range, and reduced potassium is a known side-effect of Indapamide. I've emailed the chemo nurses  to let me know the potassium level in the blood taken yesterday. I'm curious as to whether it shows a similar drop. 


In the meantime I'm going to increase my banana intake. As the Librarian of the Discworld's Unseen University would say. "Ook!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...