Friday, 1 July 2022

01/07/22 10/10

That's my score for lunch at the cafe in Hylands Park yesterday. Sausage roll (inevitably), brownie, and cappuccino. Couldn't have been better.

My GP recently put me onto Indapamide (low dose - 1.5mg) to control the rise in BP after the surgery - from 120/70 approx to 140/90 or thereabouts - and also as a continuous-action diuretic to control the ankle oedema (proving rather better than occasional Furosemide). He sent me for a blood test a few days ago. Result came in yesterday with slightly low potassium (3.1 against normal 3.5 - 5.3) and that seems to have thrown the surgery into a bit of a panic. I have to have a re-test as soon as possible which turns out to be July 12th!
My K levels in my myeloma blood tests have always been in normal range, and reduced potassium is a known side-effect of Indapamide. I've emailed the chemo nurses  to let me know the potassium level in the blood taken yesterday. I'm curious as to whether it shows a similar drop. 


In the meantime I'm going to increase my banana intake. As the Librarian of the Discworld's Unseen University would say. "Ook!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...