Monday 18 July 2022

17/07/22 Independence a little closer

Another hot day at 30 or so (and the nights not much cooler), but expected to get maybe 10C hotter tomorrow and Tuesday...

I bought a rear-view mirror for the scooter from eBay and decided to fit it while Sue was out. That meant getting the scooter out of the back of the car - no big problem with the hoist - and then getting the scooter seat off the back seat of the car and fitting it onto the scooter. The first part is difficult because the back and arms are both folding so it's hard to find a good grip, the second because it needs precise location of a post into a hole, and that has to be done unsighted. But I did it with less trouble than I expected and that's another step towards more independence - I can now look at the prospect of taking the scooter off somewhere and using it by myself, which is really a large part of the point of getting it.

Despite promises, the mirror of course would not fit on the scooter tiller. Too small to fit around the "handlebar" tube. I should send it back for a refund, but for the sake of the fiver it cost me it's hardly worth the hassle of packing it up and posting, let alone dealing with the eBay seller's returns policy. If they have one. I've been back to Amazon and found something that should be better. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...