Saturday 31 December 2022

31/12/22 NYE

A few random end of year thoughts. First, delighted (and not a little surprised) that the Ring video doorbell is keeping going on solar power only this far through the winter. It's on 79% of full charge as I write and has never dropped below the mid-70s. I fully expected it would need two or three full recharges (by taking the battery out and charging it inside) to get through the winter. The only problem is that we won't be able to take it with us when we move. They have a door camera system there but it works through the TV, so not much use if you haven't got that on!

Good dinner last night - salmon fillet with blowtorched skin, buttery sauteed new potatoes, and pea, mint and garlic puree:











Nothing new on the myeloma front, but in three months time it'll be the third anniversary of my non-transplant. Still doing well without it!

Continuing (very) slow improvement in my left hand, but can't say the same for my left thigh problem. Will get the NHS onto that as soon as I get an appointment.

A strange thing - despite the cold weather I haven't had a single finger (or thumb) split yet this winter. First time for many years. Something has changed, but I have no idea what.

Another "weather station" died the real death a few days ago - the outside temperature sensor stopped working and I couldn't bring it back to life with new batteries or anything else. It's off to recycling and we'll do without one now. It always read two degrees low anyway, and a digital thermometer really shouldn't do that.

I've just counted up as this blog moves through the last hour towards its fifth year - one thousand two hundred and fifty six posts so far...

Finally, a very Happy New Year to all who read this. 2022 was certainly a strange one, let's hope for better times in 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...