Thursday, 8 October 2026

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet.

The plain fact is that there hasn't been anything much to write about. The myeloma continues in remission, the treatment stays the same (Dara once a month, Zometa once every three months) and the blood markers are all staying good. I did have a little scare with some pain in the left hip which i thought was maybe a 15 to 20% chance of being a new lesion, but it settled down eventually and has now gone away. A CT and an XR were both inconclusive, apart from revealing a bit more arthritis in pelvis and low spine - hardly surprising at my age. No treatment for that, it's not bad enough yet!

I think I wrote about my (benign) enlarged prostate. The pills I take for that (capsules, actually, Tamsulosin) are working quite well, and although Facebook is full of alternative remedies for when it stops working, I haven't got to that stage yet so am happy to stick with it.

We have a new Central Essex Myeloma Support Group meeting monthly, and I've been going to that. Usually only half a dozen or so patients there most times, but good to meet up with others IRL rather than just online.

And that is all I can think of at the moment. I'll try to come back in November, or sooner if anything important happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...