Wednesday 11 August 2021

11/08/21 Right foot, Rivaroxaban

First, the good news. That proto-rash I mentioned on my right thigh has 90% vanished and looks a healthy pink rather than anything nastier.

On the other hand, I've got a spot on my right forearm that won't stop bleeding. No idea how I did that.

As soon as I put shoes on for a walk in Writtle, I knew something was wrong. That painful right foot was back again -  on the top and round to the inside. Re-tying shoelaces more loosely didn't help. We went anyway, and did a good 5,500 paces on a route most of which was new to me (although not to Sue). I was very slow (stick only). About halfway through I started feeling something in my right heel and had the usual warning sign of my right foot turning outwards - as it did during the days of the Achilles tendon problem of a few years ago. When we got home I treated the foot with Deep Heat and the heel with my "Shockwave" massage gun. The second one worked, the first one not so much, although now (after midnight) it's starting to improve. I'm sure that neither of these are caused by the myeloma, although it's possible that the disease may be making the threshold for them lower than it might otherwise be.

It's still bleeding. Blood thinner (Rivaroxaban) obviously too effective...

Went to Tower Petanque for the usual Tuesday evening session. Gates closed and locked, nobody around. I drove up the road a bit to the nearest Country Park entrance and wailed a while, then went back - still locked and nobody. Back to that car park. At about ten past eight another member turned up and showed me an email on his phone - a long one about keys and keyholders. I didn't have time to take it all in -but the obvious message was 'tonight's cancelled'. So we said "See you next week" to each other and headed for home. That email hasn't come to me, so I imagine somebody is using an out-of-date address list which doesn't include me as a new(ish) member. I've emailed the secretary. 

That's three boules evenings in the last ten days that have gone wrong. Apart from the annoyance, that's a lot of unnecessary miles with no return for them.

Activity target destroyed by nearly 3 times. Bleeding stopped now (00:58) as long as I don't set it off again. Applying plaster.

Nothing else for tonight. The constipation management plan is working OK, or at least well enough.


2 comments:

  1. Sunblock, also known as sunscreen, is a skincare product designed to protect the skin from harmful UV rays emitted by the sun. It works by either absorbing or reflecting these rays, preventing them from damaging the skin and causing issues like sunburn, premature aging, and skin cancer. Sunblock come in various forms such as lotions, creams, gels, sprays, and sticks, with different SPF (Sun Protection Factor) levels to suit different needs and skin types. Applying sunblock regularly, especially when spending time outdoors, is essential for maintaining healthy skin and preventing sun damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ready-to-wear dresses offer convenience and style, catering to various occasions with ease. From casual day outings to formal events, these dresses come in a range of designs, colors, and sizes to suit every preference. With minimal effort required, they provide a quick and fashionable solution for any wardrobe need.

    ReplyDelete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...