Monday 23 August 2021

23/08/21 Rash, diuretics, nephew

The is-it-or-isn't-it rash on my right calf is looking a little better - more pale pink than red but still the same size. The post-shower ankle oedema is back again. I can't take a Furosemide early this morning because of 10:00 boules at Epping, will have to wait until I get back. Or perhaps I'll take one with me and have it about half an hour before I leave for home. That would continue working well into the night but shouldn't go on into the early morning. Tuesday should be OK for early morning Furosemide because I'm not out until the evening. But Wednesday will be a problem because of afternoon boules at Ongar. That's an informal session so I may have to give it a miss for the sake of the diuretics. Three days in a row should have an real impact, especially if I can manage another one on Friday.

UPDATE / CORRECTION: I completely forgot that Tuesday was Suffolk day trip day. So that plan didn't work.

Played at Ongar yesterday (Sunday) morning. Brian was there but one of our opponents for that long-delayed last doubles match is in France so postponed yet again. The other has just returned from sick leave - several hospital stays, condition undiagnosed but might have been some sort of minor cardiac event. He was certainly looking a bit drawn and thinner in the face so I doubt he's been eating much. Anyway, I partnered him against Brian and one of the ladies and we won two matches - in the second we came back from 11-2 down to win (it's first to 13), which was rather pleasing.

Yesterday evening we had dinner and then a walk around Chelmsford with my nephew David, over here from the USA for a couple of weeks partly to sort out visa issues and partly to see his parents in Dorset for the first time in a couple of years. Not to mention us, of course...






















No explanation for his strange left-leaning angle in the first photo. Very good to see him again anyway.

There's something of a fuss in the myeloma media about daily low-dose aspirin being good for us. I'm not sure about the interactions with my regular daily paracetamol, occasional ibuprofen, and Rivaroxaban blood-thinner. Not going to rush into it but will put it on the list of topics for the next haematologist consultation early next month.

This image reminds me of A level Biology in the days when it still had a bit of academic rigour. Furosemide on the bottom left:







No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...