Friday 6 August 2021

05/08/21 Postponed appointment, and Blackmore

Yesterday started with an email from Springfield Chemotherapy "asking" if they could move my appointment for bloods, Zometa, and meds forward to (later) today. That's mildly inconvenient, but what can you do? I said OK. It'll mess up my boules with the Rodings U3A in the morning, but with the weather the way it is that'll probably be rained off anyway.

Staying on that subject we had heavy rain yesterday evening but I decided to take a chance and head for Birchanger anyway for the usual Thursday evening club session. Rain all the way, but it cleared right at the end and stopped as I parked outside the Sports & Social Club. I waited half an hour but nobody else turned up so I came back home. Through even more rain...

Earlier in the day we had to go out to buy more fish food, and that took us in the direction of the village of Blackmore which we went to several times during e-bike days but haven't been back to for several years.

This is at the back of one of the two tea rooms in the village:





















The church with its unusual wooden spire:




















The village pond:




















with resident ducks:





















And the village sign on the green:












Everything else as normal yesterday. Oedema not perfect but OK, bowels OK, BP in the morning was 115/67, pulse 56. All good. The only annoyance is that I shall now be starting  Consolidation Cycle #16 a day late - Friday rather than Thursday - and that may mean having to wait over another weekend to get the full bloods results.

A better night's sleep yesterday - something over four and a half hours, which seems to be enough for me - unless the sleep apnea test (when it happens) says something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...