Wednesday 4 August 2021

04/08/21 Breakfast, Boules, and Furosemide

Yesterday we went for breakfast at MT2 (the new place on our side of Chelmsford). I had Eggs Benedict augmented by bits from Sue's Full English - half a slice of black pudding, half a tomato, a whole local Garnetts sausage, one rasher of bacon, and a few mushrooms. That's my processed meat allowance for the week gone... We went for a walk in Tower Gardens to walk some of that off














No lunch after that, although I had a banana for my potassium levels.

Good boules at Tower yesterday evening. The first doubles match I played went to 12 all, but the opposition just got the final game. The second one was a good win 13-8, and I hope that will set me up well for the match (Thorley v Bocking) I'm playing tomorrow. I once made a comment that boules was tactically a fairly simple game compared with, for instance, crown green bowls. I've learned a lot since then, and I could not have been more wrong! Comment withdrawn.

The ankle oedema is back again, and I'll definitely take a Furosemide before breakfast. I've got all day until leaving for the match at 17:00 so that should be enough for the effects to wear off.

The new cleaners failed to arrive as planned. It turns out they've been "pinged" by the NHS Covid app and  are in self-isolation. Now waiting for the burglar alarm man and some tree surgeons coming to do some estimates over the next week or so.

Pill Organisation. I have a set of one-day pill boxes which I use when we go out for a meal, as the first three lots are after breakfast, after lunch, and after dinner. That's fine as long as I remember to load the day's box up before we leave the house. It worked for yesterday's breakfast at MT2. But after we got home I had just a banana at mid-day and of course forgot my lunch-time pills. No big deal as I just added them on to the dinner pills - nothing time-critical in there. Even twenty-three months into this it's still easy to get things wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

25/03/24 Back to Boules

First session of 2024 yesterday as the temperature was not too bad yesterday morning and for once it wasn't raining. Played two doubles ...