Tuesday 31 August 2021

30/08/21 Bisphosphonate check

That wrist rash is continuing to improve very slowly. No other rashes have appeared elsewhere.

Boules at Epping yesterday morning - I played reasonably well but that's all. Won one game, lost another. Also had a splendid chat with the others, accompanied by tea and biscuits, afterwards. One of the great benefits of taking up boules has been meeting new people and making new friends. Very good for me after the last year and a half.

Later today I have the eight-weekly bisphosphonate check at the dentist in the morning, followed by a 'phone consultation with haematologist Dr.Ch. later. We both wanted to make it face-to-face again but the Bank Holiday (yesterday) interfered with his clinic times so it has to be "out of hours". No big problem as there isn't all that much to talk about from my end. There's been a bit in the myeloma media about benefits of daily aspirin as an anti-inflammatory, but I don't think it applies to any significant extent to people in my position, and I don't need another blood-thinner to go with the Rivaroxaban (Xarelto) that I'm on already.

No graphic today. I can't find a relevant one worth posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...