Saturday 7 August 2021

06/08/21 Dex and pizza at Springfield

The morning showers stayed away long enough for a short boules session at Ongar with the Rodings U3A before I had to leave for my Springfield appointment. All OK there (bloods and Zometa drip) but they seem to take longer to organise the meds every time. They've got a new cancer pharmacist, which may not help to speed things up. And of course we had to do the ritual Forgetting of the Dexamethasone, which happens almost every month now.

I was offered a cup of tea to get me through the 45 minutes of Zometa drip, which I accepted, and then came the offer of lunch. Usually I go for the egg mayo sandwiches (if anything at all) but this time I was tempted by the vegetable pizza. When it eventually arrived it was a small one - four or five inch diameter and very tasty - but I hadn't expected it to be perched on top of a large pile of chips... Healthy eating?












Drove back to Ongar for a bit more practice. Only one other player there, the others probably being put off by the rain. Then home for tea and the weekly Tessco delivery.

Pill Organisation Day again later. Tempus fugit.

Nothing in either of our diaries for Saturday, so we'll probably go somewhere for lunch. It all depends on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...