Tuesday 10 August 2021

10/08/21 Senna and birthday

I take seven senna pills every week -  i.e. 21 of them over three weeks. My GP and the surgery dispensary will only give me 20 at a time. Everything else (except Fybogel and Laxido which come in much larger quantities) is 28 days worth, or a multiple of that. So the senna prescription request doesn't tie in with the four-weekly cycle of the others. I've asked for more Senna at a time (such as 28, or much more) which would simplify the re-ordering process for me and give both Dr.Ku (GP) and the surgery dispensary less work to do. But they won't have it. That doesn't make any sense at all to me.

That little rant was prompted by the trip I made to the surgery yesterday to pick up some more Senna. I had intended to combine that with a walk, but the heavens unleashed a torrential downpour, so I went home instead. Still managed to beat my ring's activity target by 396 / 250, not quite sure how...

Today marks my second Myeloma birthday - not the date of the formal diagnosis (September 9) but the day I knew beyond any reasonable doubt that my MGUS had developed into myeloma. And I'm still here, in remission, and doing pretty well all things considered. Happy Birthday to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...