Friday 13 August 2021

13/08/21 Foot, ankle, oxygen

The right foot pain is less than it was and seems to be moving down to the base of the big toe. It's taking longer to go away than similar pain has before, but it barely bothered me during boules at Birchanger yesterday evening. I was invited to play a match for them at Standon on Tuesday, but that's booked in for our annual Southwold / Aldeburgh trip so had to regretfully say no.

Ankle oedema is bad post-shower tonight. I need some Furosemides, but they're hard to fit in. Later today I have boules at Ongar in the afternoon and I need a food shopping trip to M&S or Tesco for my dinner (Sue's out for lunch with a wind band so won't be eating in the evening). Maybe if I take a diuretic first thing and leave the shopping until after boules I'll get away with it. Or perhaps I'll simplify things by ordering an Indian takeaway (not home delivery out here).

On the sleep apnea thing, I've got an overnight continuous oxygen monitor (from Amazon, where else?) I've only used it for one night so far but it produced a reasonable 96% oxygen saturation for most of the night but a big drop to 85% in the middle of the night. Not enough to start panicking about but confirmatory of my suspicion that  I may have some level of apnea without being aware of it. If that's right, and if I'm right in seeing a CPAP machine to deal with it in my future, I just hope it will do something to help the tiredness / fatigue thing which is undoubtedly, if slowly, getting worse. We'll see how tonight goes, and if I build up a file of recordings showing significant oxygen drops on a regular basis, I'll send them to both Dr.Ku and Dr.Ch in the hope of speeding things up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...