Sunday 15 August 2021

15/08/21 Mowing, Furosemide, and Snoring

A decent day yesterday with a bit of sunshine to enjoy, so after I finished Organising Pills we went to Braintree & Bocking gardens for a light lunch and a walk around the park. With my limited stamina these days I would certainly have fallen asleep if I had sat down even for a couple of minutes, and the big lawn at the back was badly in need of mowing so I pushed myself to get straight on with it. Afterwards,  pint of weak orange squash for rehydration, fish, cat,and human tea - and finally a sit-down. With the inevitable consequence.

Ankle oedema bad again after my shower, and later today doesn't look like a good time for one of my dwindling supply of Furosemide, unless I leave it until after I get back from Sunday morning boules at Ongar.

Two or three more of those proto-rashes have appeared, left arm and leg this time. I have a feeling they represent a side-effect trying to break through - or maybe I've just seen too many photos of rashes on facebook. There again, might be just the remains of insect bites.

On the continuing subject of my possible sleep apnea, the overnight oxygen saturation monitor showed over fifty "drops" last night, down to 85% again. Remembering that I'm a heavy snorer (or so I'm told, I've never heard a thing) it occurred to me to google "snoring monitor" and that turned up a lot of things. I've downloaded an app called SnoreLab which records and analyses sounds you make while asleep. Or so it claims. I've started a 7-day free trial and the annual sub is only 12GBP. I'll report on my first night with that in the next post. If I have got sleep apnea and if it can be fixed with a CPAP machine or some other approach, it should make a difference to the tiredness / fatigue. I hope.

















It can be hard to remember myself - and harder to explain to other people - that although I am in remission, look reasonably fit and healthy, and do more or less what I want to do (if more slowly and not as much of it), I'm actually not too well at all. I've still got Myeloma, my body is still fighting it day by day, and also dealing with the two potent drugs and "supportive" meds I take every day. There's a battle going on inside,even if it doesn't show on the outside. Not for nothing is it called "the Hidden Cancer" ((c) MyelomaUK, I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...