Wednesday 1 September 2021

31/08/21 Dentist, RADAR, phone

The dentist said all clear to go ahead with Zometa on Thursday. This new one is far and away the most punctual dentist I've ever had. I'm used to waiting half or three-quarters of an hour, but he's never been more than five minutes late, if that. Which raises a simple question: if he can do it, why can't all the others?

After the dentist I went for a walk twice round Oaklands Park, and noticed that their disabled toilet has a new RADAR lock fitted. You may recall that neither my old-style nor my new-style RADAR key worked in the old one. So I tried the new one - and it opened the door! First time I've ever got a RADAR key to work. Unfortunately, once inside the door, things weren't quite so good. Flush not working well, leaving ample evidence of previous visitors. No electric hand dryer or paper towels, and no bin. Soap dispenser empty. No hand sanitiser. All not very good. At least the ordinary toilet there has one of those three-in-one hand wash machines.

Dr.Ch 'phoned for our consultation just as I was leaving for boules at Tower (Brentwood) so we did most of it in the car (built-in hands-free!) as I was driving along narrow twisty country roads between home and Fyfield, Nothing much to report about that - I sent him an email half an hour beforehand, just in case he didn't make the 'phone call on the right day- it has happened before:

Dear Vijoy,

In case we miss the phone call this evening:

Saw dentist this morning for bisphosphonate check. He says OK.

Media fuss about daily aspirin for myeloma. Probably not relevant to me?

Have had several small rashes - one to three pound coins in size. Start red, fade to pink and away over a week or so. No irritation or raised areas. Likely side-effect of dex or len? Not a concern unless they get much worse.

Appointment with chemo nurses for bloods, Zometa and meds on Thursday morning  After watching tonight's news, I hope they have enough blood sample tubes in stock...

Finally got a sleep test referral out of my GP. Took a ridiculously long time!

Bowel cancer screening kit arrived in today's post. Always been clear every time so far...

Everything else ticking over smoothly as usual.


Best,

Ian


We covered all of that and agreed to make the next one face-to-face again.

Boules was only moderately good with a few good throws mixed in with a lot of rubbish. Lost both games. The trapped nerve thing in my right thigh was playing up badly, which probably didn't help. That's long pre-myeloma, and the main reason why I take 40mg of amitriptyline every night. It helps, but not as much as I'd like, and I'd rather not increase the dose any further as that would take it into anti-depressant territory and I don't want to go there again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...