Tuesday 21 September 2021

21/09/21 Sleep and stamina

The third consecutive boules-related early start yesterday, which I think is perhaps one too many. I played badly at Epping and made little contribution to my team's defeat by one match to two. At least the various road closures, diversions, and etc. all seem to have gone now, which takes ten minutes off the travel time to Hanbury Gardens. 

I need to remember that even though I am in full remission and etc. my stamina is still a long way below what it used to be pre-myeloma, as is my general speed of doing things. I may not get many hours of restorative sleep a night (especially when two of the recent three were dex nights) so I need the daytime snoozes and plenty of "recovery time" during the day.

Late this morning Epping  are sending some people over to Ongar for some practice on our "tricky" piste before the next and final leg of the Epping-Ongar Challenge. I don't anticipate being selected for either side (Ongar would be my priority) but I may drop in after 11:00 (no early start!) just for some neutral spectating. And later (20:00) I'll be off to Tower Petanque and hoping that I'll be playing a bit better than I did yesterday.

Bowel management worked OK again, it' s a long  time since I've needed a Fybogel or a Laxido, I seem to do OK now with a single nightly senna, varying it with a night off and a double dose as needed. 

The micro-proto-rash on my right wrist has now faded completely away. No new ones have appeared, at least not on bits of me that I can see. Ankle oedema still there but not at too bad a level. Might be OK for a Furosemide on Wednesday, or later today if the weather is bad enough to discourage an Ongar trip in the morning.

With that I'll sign off for the night. Now going to Myeloma UK Support (facebook) to see if we have any new members to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...