Friday 24 September 2021

24/09/21 No alarms

Moving into the last week of September and the magnificent Indian summer continues. Played boules at Birchanger last night up till 21:00 wearing just a polo shirt and didn't feel in the least cold.

On the myeloma front, moving into the last week of the current cycle so no Lenalidomide for the rest of the week. I've never yet noticed it making any difference to the way I feel or sleep or anything else. So far I've been remarkably free of substantial side-effects, long may that continue!

I've got another RUDY (Rare Diseases) questionnaire to do, to see if there's any change in my myeloma experience caused by the COVID pandemic. I get these every month or two - tedious but I think worth doing,

No more proto-mini-rashes, but a post on the Facebook group with photos to suggest that at least one other person is getting something similar. Apparently his team want to dismiss them as "viral", which wouldn't be enough of an explanation for me.

The hearing aids appear to be charging OK. I've bought a couple of things off Ebay - the "sports" nylon retainer springs that fir inside your ear and help to keep the aids in place. My first pair came with them and the current ones didn't, meaning that I've always felt a bit insecure about them staying in place. Much happier now.

I haven't bothered to set my "go to bed!" alarms as the evidence says I'd sleep through them anyway. And at 02:06 I'm still awake and starting to wind down.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...