Wednesday 8 September 2021

08/09/21 Breakfast and Galleywood Common

Because of a new cleaner arriving mid-day (one of our usual pair is ill, but not with COVID) we wanted to avoid having lunch at home. So we went out for a big enough breakfast to last until the evening. The nearest place - the Axe & Compasses - turned out to be closed for unknown reasons except, perhaps, that they are advertising for a breakfast chef. We ended up at Bretts and I had a "small" Bistro Breakfast with added black pudding. Very good it was too. We also got some nice veggies from the deli there, and I used one of their leeks to go with sea bass in the evening. Steamed,with added herbs from the garden.

After that breakfast we went to Galleywood Common on the south side of Chelmsford. Never been there before but it has some fine walks and will definitely go on our re-visit list.















Now you know why it's called GalleyWOOD.

I was fine during the walk but after we got home I developed acute pain in both feet, but mainly the right one. It's on the top, so not plantar fasciitis or anything of that kind. I've had this before and it usually clears up quickly. The left foot was fine by about 20:30, but the right one is still bad at 00:40. I don't think this is myeloma-related, except perhaps that the MM increases susceptibility to a weakness that I have already.

Later today we plan on going to the new Thameside Nature  Reserve the other side of Basildon. I'm hoping the foot will be OK.

Boules at Tower was OK last night. For the first time I used Walter Walker to make sure I had somewhere to sit down and take the weight off the bad foot. As usual, played a few really good throws and a load of not-so-good as well.

A bit of a breakthrough in the hearing aid recharging issue, I've been using the Phonak app on my phone which Bluetooths to the hearing aids, and it shows that the aids are charging whenever in the charger, whatever the multi-colour LEDs say. So I've decided to ignore them. The app says left  99% and right 86%, even though both LEDs are off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...