Sunday 26 September 2021

26/9/21 Autumn at last?

A different kind of day yesterday - a distinct autumnal feel to the air until the sun came through late afternoon. A day of small jobs and not much else - didn't get out for a walk but comfortably hit my activity target anyway, And finally tightened up that soap dish repair to a state I'm happy with

To my great surprise stayed awake through all one and a half hours of "Strictly" (even though at times it felt like rather more). Possibly something to do with the dex I took in the morning, which of course means a dex night tonight.

Cleared up the confusion over my next haematologist consultation. Secretary Sarah got it wrong (unusual!), and it will be face-to-face at Springfield on Monday 27th at Springfield Hospital. Unfortunately i doesn't look as if I'll have any mini-rashes to show him.

Our friendly local farmer has been fertilising the field at the back. Despite the lack of wind that's left us with a dusty deposit on the back windows, and the window cleaner only came last week. so I shall have to get out of the landing window onto the flat roof to deal with it. A few years ago it was no problem to squeeze out through the quite small window but I was a lot bendier then than I am now. Might be interesting...

There are stories of the current shortage of HGV and white van drivers affecting deliveries to pharmacies as well as to petrol stations and supermarkets. I'm due to collect new meds on Thursday. Fingers are crossed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...