Sunday 5 September 2021

05/04/21 Pills, and a better night

Another rather lazy day yesterday. Both the recent rashes are completely disappeared, no sign of any new ones. The ankle oedema is still there but at least 50% reduced. I shall continue taking a Furosemide whenever the plan for the day allows. That plan for yesterday did include going out  for lunch (and exercise) but for one reason and another we never made it it. We got into a bit of a tangle with the finances of one of Sue's wind bands now they're starting to emerge from lockdown - that took up a bit of time and patience and is only half disentangled as I write.

Did the Pill Organisation Thing and discovered I had rather fewer of a couple of pills than I thought. I think some of them have dematerialised or somehow found their way down the back of the sofa. I'm off to the GP surgery website to order some more when I've finished this post.













In the afternoon forced myself out for a walk up to Pepper's Green Lane and back with just a stick. It's slightly frightening how slow my walking has become, and how my stride has shortened. It used to be a good metre when I was going well, now it's only about three-quarters of that.

An increasing annoyance (and nothing to do with myeloma) is my left hearing aid. I put the right one in the overnight charger and it behaves perfectly. The left one, however, either refuses to charge at all or goes ok for a while and then stops. It can take all of an hour to get it to behave properly - which is not how I want to spend the  early hours of the morning. I've been in touch with Specsavers about this, and basically there's nothing I can do about it until the rechargeable battery comes due for replacement some time next year, when I can probably get a new charger as well..

I had a better night last night although my Snore Score was the highest yet at 113. But no "can't swallow" events. Oxygen saturation wasn't bad with only 1.6 drops  per hour and nothing below 89%..

Boules at Ongar later this morning - no matches (I've finished those) so I can afford to turn up a bit later than usual. On the other hand, it's Ongar Sunday market day so there will be pressure on parking spaces. Better get there early anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...