Thursday 30 September 2021

30/09/21 WIC...

 Last day of September, and the outside temperature is down to 6C. Winter is coming...

I've already got one finger split (on end of left thumb) which is taking its time to heal. Going back to lots of hand cream. Low temperatures will undoubtedly affect boules - I'm already wearing a well-insulated glove on left hand (the one that holds the boules yet to be played), and the right hand stays in a pocket in between deliveries. I may need a glove for that before long as well - noticeable that a few more people are starting playing in gloves already.

I've been prone to these splits for several years pre-myeloma but no doubt that the skin-thinning powers of steroids have made the problem worse. I used to think of 10C as the threshold for gloves outside, now it's more like 14 or 15.

Springfield at 11:00 for Zometa and the next batch of meds. Time is going to be slightly tight as I have to be home in order to drive Sue to Ongar for a steroid injection into her bad knee at 14:00. Should be ample time as long as the Springfield pharmacy get the meds ready on time (not to mention right first time!). If they don't, I'll just have to leave early and go back to collect the meds later - extra fuel consumption which I'd rather avoid at the moment with the fuel supply "crisis" not yet resolved.




2 comments:

  1. I played yesterday in some thin close fitting gardening gloves without impairment to my abilities (such that they are!); Julia soggests fingerless gloves or glove liners. Finest. FixRheumatix

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been experimenting with some insulated gloves. They don't seem to cause a problem but I don't entirely trust them yet! Investigating state-of-art handwarmers as an alternative.

    ReplyDelete

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...