Tuesday 28 September 2021

28/09/21 Consultation

To get to my face-to-face (although both facemasked) consultation with Dr.Ch I had to fight my way past two layers of receptionists who were convinced that the appointment was for a 'phone one today. But I made it in the end, only a few minutes late. Additional waiting time was not too bad.

We agreed that I'm doing very well and that "my biology" (whatever that means)  is of the right kind. Discussed the sleep apnoea diagnosis - pleased to see from the report of the meeting that he spells it properly, which encourages me to revert to it. He knows respiratory consultant Dr.Ha (Broomfield) well and will discuss my case with him. Talked about these mini-rashes but didn't have one to show him. Probably a result of Lenalidomide's ability to alter immune system responses opening the door to minor viral or fungal infections of no particular significance - an indirect side-effect rather than a direct one.

Changing bisphosphonate dental checks from eight-weekly to twelve-weekly. Calcium tablets confirmed as one daily rather than two.

That's about it. The appointment meant I couldn't make the usual Monday morning boules at Hanbury Gardens (Epping)  but I scrambled a couple of eggs for lunch and then went for the more informal afternoon session. Played one game and having trouble with all my throws going off to the left. Obviously something wrong has got into my throw or my grip(s) - if it's dry enough I'll work on that in the garden later before I go to Tower in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...