Monday 27 September 2021

27/09/21 Boules and fuel

Not much to say today. Played boules at Ongar, not at my best by some distance. Played three games, lost all of them. My directional control was way off for some reason. You get days like that. At least the constipation management that makes these morning sessions possible is going well - I'm getting along with Senna only, varying the dose from zero to two according to need, and it's been a long time since I needed Fybogel let alone a Laxido. Or a glycerine suppository...

With the current (and largely media-driven and imaginary) fuel crisis I stopped in a queue for a BP station on my way to Ongar. The queue didn't look too bad and although I had well over half a tank I joined it and came out the other end with a full tank after half an hour.  Well, I'd be lucky to charge an electric car in that time even if I was first in line. The second filling station on the way to the piste (a Tesco Express) was out of all fuels, so I made the right choice. I think a full tank will see me through to the end of this farce.

Later today, face-to-face consultation with my haematologist at Springfield Hospital, and depending on the weather I may go to Hanbury Gardens (Epping) for the more casual after-lunch session. Weather forecast is better for the afternoon than for the morning.

I think that's all for tonight. I may have more after Dr.Ch for tomorrow's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...