Wednesday 29 September 2021

29/09/21 Hard to find something myeloma-related to write about.

Some days it's hard to find something myeloma-related to write about. But this blog is supposed to be a day-to-day record of living with it, so if nothing much is new or changing, then it follows that there isn't much to write about. And today there isn't.

Played boules at Tower and happy with my game although my side lost narrowly - three of us (two boules each) against three of them with three boules each. I'd rather have the three boules every time as it's so often that the third one is the best. The forecast rain stayed away until the very end of the match, then it came down heavily and we all beat a rapid retreat to our cars and home.

The current state of my myeloma - which is a very individual disease - is so good that I may well die of something else before the myeloma gets me. Or maybe not, but at least there's a chance that the myeloma will not significantly reduce my life expectancy.

Most of the time I feel perfectly well, and people tell me I look well, although I know the reality is that I'm not and sooner or later a relapse will come.. I'm slower moving around than I used to be, and even with a walker I don't reach the speeds I used to think normal. My stride length has shortened as well. Stamina is nowhere near pre-myeloma levels, and the fatigue and falling asleep all the time are a problem. I'm hopeful that treatment for the newly diagnosed sleep apnoea with a CPAP machine will help to sort that out. 

And, of course,  waiting for the letter about my "Primary 3" vaccination to arrive. Probably should be this week.

3 comments:

  1. I hear you, so I stopped worrying about that and just blog about anything. It's a good thing. :) I just finished a fun post about being a Military Brat and how I think it has helped me to be a strong caregiver for my husband in our 13 1/2 year journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and this links to my OLD blog. My active one is my name dot com.

    ReplyDelete

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...