Friday 24 September 2021

24/09/21 (2) Sleep apnea confirmed

Had the phone call from Dr.Ha at Broomfield. Despite getting only four hours on the sleep monitor that night there was enough evidence to diagnose moderate to severe sleep apnea. That agrees with the under-mattress sleep analyser, which behaved much better and put me a little way into severe territory. Here's a screenshot from the app:















and the continuous O2 saturation monitor gave me my worst score so far:
















SnoreLab looks almost healthy by comparison:
















and just for the sake of completion, here's just part of my Oura ring's report on last night's sleep:















For the sake of total completion,we might as well have a report from the portable ECG machine. It said "No Abnormalities":















It's going to take three months at least to get an NHS CPAP machine as prescribed by Dr.Ha. I'm looking into buying something to get me through the gap and act as a backup if needed.

It was another magnificent Indian Summer day. I spent most of it doing various small jobs around the house but we did find the time for a walk around Oaklands Park and a sausage roll for lunch. Skies as blue as you might hope for in midsummer:













Getting there was slowed by long queues for petrol stations.. People panic buying after government advice to stay above quarter-full in your tank. There again, our Tesco delivery today had no salmon and no orange juice. Cearly the supply chain problems and shortage of HGV drivers are having an impact.

Still not heard anything about my third  COVID vaccination. For the immune-compromised like me it's "Primary 3" (because there may be 4 and more in six months time and beyond), and for everybody else it's a booster, same injection either way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...