Saturday 11 September 2021

11/09/21 9/11, beetroot, oedema

Another day that started grey and damp, moved through warm with heavy showers, and ended up hot and humid. Still no sign of the expected thunderstorms. Went to Ogar for some practice in the afternoon, played a couple of games with the usual others there. Just avoided the rain.  A thing to remember: when the piste is wet, the boules tend to carry on straighter than you expect.

I can't let 20 years after 9/11 go by unremarked. I remember first hearing the news just as I was getting ready to leave work. I stayed, TV and radio on, for half an hour or so while the full scale of what had happened began to come clear. Driving home with the car radio on, I and, it seemed, every other driver on the road was in a state of shock. At home, Sue and I put the TV on and just sat and watched, almost speechless, for probably two hours. Of all the "where were you when?" moments - JFK's assassination, John Lennon's murder, Princess Diana's death and more, 9/11 stands out. It changed the world.

On the myeloma front, nothing new but plenty of activity on the facebook group to keep me busy. I've just noticed that the ankle oedema is quite bad again. No chance of a Furosemide in the morning unless we have really bad weather - the plan is to go out for a walk along the old railway track at Rayne. And for  lunch, probably. Speaking of food, we've got some nice fresh beetroot from a neighbour, so it's time for my favourite beetroot and goat's cheese risotto.


No comments:

Post a Comment

25/03/24 Back to Boules

First session of 2024 yesterday as the temperature was not too bad yesterday morning and for once it wasn't raining. Played two doubles ...