Monday 20 September 2021

20/09/21 Ongar Finals Day and end of life

Nothing new on the myeloma front, except that Dr.Ch asked for photos of the latest micro-proto-rash on my right wrist,which is now fading nicely as the others did, so I sent him a couple. He thinks it may be worth a word with a dermatologist.

Boules at Ongar yesterday morning - Finals Day in the club singles and doubles competitions. Brian and I won our game to avoid the wooden spoon in the doubles - I had a really good first few ends and we got into a good lead, then the opposition clawed their way back into the game and we were stuck on 12 points for several games before getting the final point to win 13-10.

Secretary Carolyn with her shattered kneecap and leg in a brace won the Singles after an exhibition quality match with another good player:












Several rather depressing near-end-of-life stories on the Facebook group yesterday. Hard to find the words to reply to them, and a reminder of what may lie in store for me as far down the line as I can make it. When I get close to there I shall take the one-way ticket to Switzerland option very seriously, if we haven't got "assisted dying" sorted out in the UK by then, and I hope we will. I want to keep control for as long as I can, but when the end of that is in sight - well, other considerations will take over. That's a happy point to finish on...


Hearing aid update: both have behaved perfectly this time - showing solid green LEDs and reading 100% on the app. Hope they stay that way for the rest of the night.

2 comments:

  1. Last week Queensland became the fifth Australian state to pass legislation for voluntary assisted dying. There's hope for the UK yet to make one-way tickets to Switzerland unnecessary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are moving in the right direction here, but very slowly...

      Delete

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...