Friday 3 September 2021

03/09/21 Rash revisited.

It seems I may have been guilty of not treating that wrist rash as seriously as it deserved. I had a 'phone call from my GP yesterday. He suspects vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessels) and is concerned that there may be more in less visible places (i.e. internally). My unofficial medical advisor also identifies vasculitis as "one of the more serious possibilities" and says that if it spreads or I develop fever or feel otherwise unwell I should go immediately to hospital. In fact, under standing orders, I would first contact the chemo nurses at Springfield and put things in their very capable hands. However, the gradual healing has continued and it now looks like this, which is very much better:












Now keeping a watchful eye open for anything similar appearing elsewhere. In fact I've always been prone to a few of these spots here and there, but not in such a concentrated grouping. They come and they go, and I've never been much concerned about them. Perhaps I should have been. Also sent the earlier photos to Dr.Ch for him to have a think about.

All went OK at Springfield yesterday. The canula and the Zometa went in fine with no problems, and the stocks of blood tubes were adequate (there's been a lot in the news about shortages of these forcing GPs to cut down on "non-essential" blood tests). Also had a COVID swab and confirmed that they do get sent off for PCR tests not just the less reliable lateral flow tests which of course I can do at home. For some reason they haven't done the COVID swab the last couple of times, so happy to have another one done.

I had a pot of tea and a plate of egg mayo sandwiches for lunch while the Zometa was going in. Still haven't worked out who pays for these...

Collected next month's meds, and told that as my calcium levels were a little high I should cut the calcium tablets down from two daily to one. I haven't seen the blood numbers yet, but checking back through the last few  months shows calcium comfortably within normal range. So something may have changed, or maybe just a "blip". Hope it doesn't indicate more bone breakdown. Waiting for full blood results in a week's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...