Monday 6 September 2021

06/09/21 (2) Water, and balance

Another very hot day in this very welcome Indian summer, and it became almost unbearable in the shade-less old horse exercise yard at Hanbury Gardens (Epping Petanque). Eventually had to take a short break in the nearest area of shade.I had a bottle of water in the car but couldn't find it. Luckily I had half a bottle of mango juice as well. Got home, changed walkers in the car in preparation for tomorrow's planned expedition, and there was the water bottle buried underneath. I really could have used that earlier. Bowel management worked well and all OK for the morning. And the afternoon, come to that.

Played two games. Won the first one, and I got the totally unofficial "Star Player" award. Lost the second by 11 - 13. Both good long and very close games with interesting tactics all round. Last time I played on the exercise yard I couldn't get my lengths right at all - either overshooting terribly or stopping yards short. This time I was close to spot-on with at least half my balls, and the others not far away. I have no idea why the difference, unless it's something to do with a new and unorthodox grip I'm experimenting with.

This photo is of the Hanbury Club building, which is usually open. I understand there's a fine interior with lots of beams etc.. I was hoping to get some interior photos today, but by the time the games finished the door had been locked. Next week, perhaps.












I've had a couple of balance issues over the last week or two. Several times it's felt as if I was going to fall backwards - particularly welcome when climbing the stairs. I've had spurts of balance problems before - never particularly serious but one of the things that led to the Parkinson's business some months ago. So far they've never lasted for more than a couple of weeks. Something for the next consultation with Dr.Ch at the end of the month as it may be a result of the meds I'm taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...