Monday, 6 September 2021

06/09/21 (2) Water, and balance

Another very hot day in this very welcome Indian summer, and it became almost unbearable in the shade-less old horse exercise yard at Hanbury Gardens (Epping Petanque). Eventually had to take a short break in the nearest area of shade.I had a bottle of water in the car but couldn't find it. Luckily I had half a bottle of mango juice as well. Got home, changed walkers in the car in preparation for tomorrow's planned expedition, and there was the water bottle buried underneath. I really could have used that earlier. Bowel management worked well and all OK for the morning. And the afternoon, come to that.

Played two games. Won the first one, and I got the totally unofficial "Star Player" award. Lost the second by 11 - 13. Both good long and very close games with interesting tactics all round. Last time I played on the exercise yard I couldn't get my lengths right at all - either overshooting terribly or stopping yards short. This time I was close to spot-on with at least half my balls, and the others not far away. I have no idea why the difference, unless it's something to do with a new and unorthodox grip I'm experimenting with.

This photo is of the Hanbury Club building, which is usually open. I understand there's a fine interior with lots of beams etc.. I was hoping to get some interior photos today, but by the time the games finished the door had been locked. Next week, perhaps.












I've had a couple of balance issues over the last week or two. Several times it's felt as if I was going to fall backwards - particularly welcome when climbing the stairs. I've had spurts of balance problems before - never particularly serious but one of the things that led to the Parkinson's business some months ago. So far they've never lasted for more than a couple of weeks. Something for the next consultation with Dr.Ch at the end of the month as it may be a result of the meds I'm taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...