Friday 17 September 2021

17/09/21 Sleep monitor

I had a fairly quiet morning and early afternoon about the house (including completing the repair of that soap dish, which is now back in place) and then went to Broomfield Hospital to collect my overnight sleep monitor for sleep apnea assessment:























As you can see, no stick-on electrodes involved - a chest and an abdomen strap, a fingertip oxygen sensor, and two little plastic tubes up the nostrils. Those are the things that may prove difficult. I told the nurse that I rarely go to bed before 14:30 and the thing turns itself off automatically at 08:00. She said no problem, that's long enough - which it may well be if I can sleep with all that lot on. I'm just treating it as a normal night and crossing my fingers. I shall keep my own O2 monitor, snore app,  etc. going as well.

We'll skip breakfast at home in the morning, because I have to get the monitor returned to the hospital by 10:00. We'll follow that with breakfast at The Hare (probably Eggs Benedict and a Garnett's sausage for me) and then I'll go on to Ongar to join the U3A group for some boules and maybe stay for the Friday afternoon Ongar practice session.

Played quite well at Birchanger last night, and the new floodlight is good. It just needs a couple of low power lights (which we've got) on the other side to fill in the very dark shadows thrown by that floodlight when it starts to get dark.
















One very French player on the left, a very Yorkshire one next, and then the partially-obscured Chairman Ken. 

I used my 75mm shooter's boules and got some good hits with them. Still experimenting with the new grip and on the whole liking it although I tend to go back to standard overhand at longer ranges, plus underhand for long-range shots.

Some very small posible proto-rashes have appeared (right wrist and elbow, and left wrist). I'm applying the antiseptic cream and  watching'n'waiting. These ones are only a couple of mm across.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...