Saturday 13 August 2022

13/08/22 Suffolk

 Another very hot couple of days with temperatures well above 30. At least it was a little cooler on the Suffolk coast yesterday.

The plan to take both walker (for Saxmundham church and High Street and scooter (for Aldeburgh) was less than successful. It's possible but less than practical and it would have been simpler just to have hoisted the scooter in and out another time or two with a less cluttered boot. Also, now I've fitted it with an alarm, I'm more prepared to park it and go off for a walk with a stick or two than I was before.

Welcome shade in the Garden of Remembrance:











Lunch at the Wentworth in Aldeburgh:












Expecting it would be easy to eat with my bad left hand, I ordered coq au vin with rice, expecting a mound of rice and lots of chicken pieces on the plate. Instead I got a whole chicken quarter in a little pot with a pepper and mushroom sauce and a tightly packed little dish of wild rice. Very difficult to eat without creating rather more mess than I like!










A walk along the front:




















And finally to Snape for tea behind the concert hall and a visit to the fascinating Early Music Shop which has recently moved there from Yorkshire:












No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...