Wednesday 10 August 2022

09/08/22 (2) Plumbing

Not the day I expected. The macerator behind the WC in the upstairs shower room came to the end of its working life with a total failure that left rather a lot of foul water in places where it shouldn't be. I'll spare readers the details. Not pleasant, and a long difficult clean-up. Many thanks to Sue for her part in that

Our emergency plumber came round mid-afternoon, and yes we need a new macerator. That'll be sometime next week, meaning I have to go downstairs every time...  Before that, we went to Oaklands  Park for lunch (sausage rolls, forgivable under the circumstances). Grass extremely dry, parched, and brown. As bad as I've ever seen, remembering back to 2018, 1967, and even (just) 1956.

Planning our annual trip to the Suffolk coast on Friday, wondered whether it would be possible to fit both the scooter and Walter the Walker into the car at the same time. The answer is yes, just, if you take all Walter's wheels off.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...