Tuesday 30 August 2022

30/08/22 Bloods and boules

It's a week since the last bloods were taken at Springfield, so as usual I've sent an email to the cancer nurses to remind them to send me the results. That should give me something myeloma-related to write about next time. The rest of this post is probably of interest to other petanque players only (I know there are at least two among the readership, curiously located at opposite points on the earth's surface.)

Played a very enjoyable doubles game at Epping yesterday morning. The opposition got off to a good stat with five points from the first end. Difficult to come back from that, and they built up a 10 - 2 lead before we started a recovery and squared it at 12 - 12. The final end came down to my last ball and the opposition's last ball. I made a good throw, pointing right up next to the coche and taking the lead. The opposition had no choice but to shoot, and he hit my "on" ball perfectly. It flew off five or six feet to the right, and that could so easily have given them the point. But instead the coche just followed my ball, stopping six inches away and giving us 13 - 12. Two good balls to finish a very tight match, and it could have gone either way. Just luck that my team came out on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...