Sunday 20 November 2022

20/11/22 More PET problems...

Yesterday I had my second attempt at my third PET scan - first try was postponed at the last minute because "the machine broke down". This time everything seemed to go ok but then I was told that the radioactive tracer had "got stuck" in my arm and hadn't circulated properly all round my body, so the images were less than perfect. Strange, as I have perfectly good circulation in that arm. At any rate, it hasn't fallen off yet... They said "it happens sometimes", and didn't mention the obvious possibility that the man who inserted the canula and did the injection didn't do it very well. Going by what they said and the looks on their faces, I think there's at least a 75% chance that I'll have to go back for a third attempt. Not happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

25/03/24 Back to Boules

First session of 2024 yesterday as the temperature was not too bad yesterday morning and for once it wasn't raining. Played two doubles ...