Saturday 5 November 2022

05/11/22 Pets and Cats and breakfast

PET CT scan (the one involving a radioactive injection) is booked in for this coming Tuesday at Southend, Very fast action once the process actually got started. CT scans don't take long and the machine is much less claustrophobia-inducing than MRI machines, so no problem anticipated. I've had two of them before.

The cataract operations are booked in for i2:00pm on the 14th and the ungodly hour of 07:30am on the 28th

The pain in my left thigh has given me no trouble at all for the last couple of days, so almost pleased to feel it coming back a bit earlier today.

;We decided on breakfast out this morning and went to the Axe and Compasses. There was a "Staff Wanted" sign outside. We went in - no breakfasts because no chef. So we turned back and went to The Hare. All locked up, nobody around. Ended up at the 2MT Cafe, which was close to packed out, with two chefs working flat-out in the kitchen. Even so, it was less than warm inside. All signs of the times, I fear, and I have an unpleasant feeling that The Hare is never going to re-open. It's not been the same since the ownership changed some months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...