Monday 23 May 2022

23/05/22 Small improvements, and cutting back on the pills

Again, very little new. The myeloma remains in full remission as far as I know. The neck continues to improve, although rather unevenly. Walking gets better daily but the retreat of the tingling and return of sensation in my fingers seems to have hit a block - no change there for several days. I'm doing the physio exercises and neck mobility generally and particularly neck rotation side-to side is definitely getting better. That's particularly pleasing because I was warned I might lose the ability to turn my head altogether.

Otherwise, a couple of short trips out, tea in the (sunny) garden, celebrating a significant birthday for Sue. And - a bit more good news - starting to lower my daily intake of opiates. Still on two slow-release ones twice a day but cutting back on the fast-acting ones - only two yesterday instead of the usual four. So my aim by the end of the week is to get off those altogether. Then the slow-release ones, then the ibuprofen, then the paracetamol...

Later today, the physiotherapist returns, and we intend to take the dressing off an let the air into the wound. Fingers crossed for that looking ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...