Saturday 28 May 2022

28/05/22 Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

Or is it a blunt stick, I'm never sure and a little searching suggests little to choose between the two versions? Anyway, had a letter from AXA today with the  promise of a refund on my 2022/23 premium. The logic is hard to follow but the main point seems to be that because of COVID they paid out less in claims than exacted so we the customers were overcharged. I'm due for £111 back which doesn't make much of a hole in the amount AXA extort from me every year, but better than...

It was a nice day and the roads will be very restricted over the weekend because of a huge London & Essex bike event, so went to Hatfield Heath for brunch at the Village Tearoom. Took the old lightweight three-wheeled walker which is OK on smooth pavements etc. but hopelesws on rough grass, as on the Green:












It still being a very nice day when we got back, took the scooter out for a trip around the local triangle. 

All OK apart from a bit of misjudgement turning right out of the drive. There was a big white truck just visible coming from the right rather faster than I judged. Also, my max speed was set low for going over the gravel and I didn't turn it up when I got off the gravel and onto the pavement just before our dropped kerb. The result was that I got across with time to spare, but less of it than I should have had. Several lessons to be learned from that.

Here's a bit of life on the open road:










After that, Pill Organisation which now seems more complicated than before although there are a lot fewer meds. And doing my best to get through the pain attacks (mainly left shoulder) without reaching for a fast-acting morphine capsule. These bursts of pain do pass, if I wait long enough.Slow release morphine now down to one a day, or none, rather tan two a day as at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...