Wednesday, 7 September 2022

07/09/22 A new era has begun...

Two changes in this new re-launched version of the blog on its third birthday, more or less:

First, I'm abandoning the self-imposed target of posting at least every couple of days. From now on it'll be when I feel like it or when I have something to say.

Second, myeloma is no longer at the centre of things. It'll still be there of course for as long as I'm around but after two and a half years of remission it's no longer something that dominates day-to-day life, except for the week of blood test results. I think this blog should reflect that.

I'm giving myself licence to write about anything - which will certainly include petanque, eating out, country parks, and my return to live music, starting with Wagner's Tannhauser at Saffron Hall on Sunday (postponed twice because of Covid) - without feeling that I'm somehow failing myself and the readers if I can't come up with a tenuous connection to you-know-what.

To get us started in this bright new future - guess what, it's myeloma again. This appeared in the Facebook group yesterday. No comment necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment

08/10/2026 The best laid plans...

Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...