Wednesday 7 September 2022

07/09/22 A new era has begun...

Two changes in this new re-launched version of the blog on its third birthday, more or less:

First, I'm abandoning the self-imposed target of posting at least every couple of days. From now on it'll be when I feel like it or when I have something to say.

Second, myeloma is no longer at the centre of things. It'll still be there of course for as long as I'm around but after two and a half years of remission it's no longer something that dominates day-to-day life, except for the week of blood test results. I think this blog should reflect that.

I'm giving myself licence to write about anything - which will certainly include petanque, eating out, country parks, and my return to live music, starting with Wagner's Tannhauser at Saffron Hall on Sunday (postponed twice because of Covid) - without feeling that I'm somehow failing myself and the readers if I can't come up with a tenuous connection to you-know-what.

To get us started in this bright new future - guess what, it's myeloma again. This appeared in the Facebook group yesterday. No comment necessary.



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...