Thursday 29 September 2022

28/09/22 100!

My first perfect CPAP score of 100 last night:









There's a bit of a story to this. I found the mask a bit uncomfortable at first, so bought some liners which I've used ever since. But yesterday one of them vanished in thewash, leaving me without a clean one to put on the mask. I found the liner-less mask more comfortable than I remembered, and the 100 score was the result. Will be interesting to see what happens tonight.

In other medical news, after my complaints of various aches and pains, neurosurgeon Dr.Ib ordered neck x-rays, which were 100% ok. He's now ordered a full spinal MRI which will be done locally at Springfield. No date yet. I think I can see more surgery in my future...

I had an eye test this morning, which I asked for because I have become sure that my cataracts are getting worse. That was confirmed, so the next step is going to be cataract surgery. NHS waiting time is now over two years so I'm gong to go private (also because that will give access to the more modern varifocal and accommodating lenses, which the NHS doesn't offer.) I've started talks with my insurers AXA who say they may cover depending on the optician's report and etc. Certainly it's outside their normal processes and trying to start a new claim online as advised ran into a problem when I had to choose whether my consultant was NHS or private. There's no honest answer to that one at this stage, so back on the phone in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...