Yesterday was another day dominated more by COVID-19 than by myeloma, which remains more or less in limbo until the next set of blood results.
The day started with the delivery of a new Gtech cordless vacuum cleaner. We are now having to go back to doing the housework ourselves, and I have to accept that now I'm rather less capable than I was five or ten years ago. Partly increasing age, partly the results of the disease. The Dyson "ball" cylinder vacuum is far less practical in this house than I hoped when I bought it several years ago. We'll keep it for the things it does well (and occasionally) but the Gtech should be a lot easier to handle and heave around for the routine stuff. The cost is covered by just five weeks of not paying out for the weekly cleaner (because of you-know-what) and we've had two of those already.
After that, the self-administered B12 injection, meaning no need to visit the surgery. That went OK (in the right thigh) although I was fumble-fingered enough to drop one of my two red filter needles on the carpet. No problem with breaking the ampoule open or anything else.
Then my new all-singing all-dancing all-terrain cross-country walker arrived. The manufacturers Trionic call these things Velopeds, so I've stayed with the initial letter and called mine Victor. After tea I took him for a walk along the road and then public footpaths and field edges and down a few hundred yards of the Essex Way before turning back and heading for home all on footpaths - and some of them are not at all easy walking!
Here's Victor on the Essex Way - and proof that I can do short distances on good surfaces without a stick.
Thursday, 9 April 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
08/10/2026 The best laid plans...
Well, so much for my plan to post rather more frequently. This may have been the longest break yet. The plain fact is that there hasn't ...
-
More rain yesterday. Eventually got fed up enough with it that I took the car out in the hope that it might stop for a while when I was clos...
-
Rain, rain, rain again. Just perfectly timed to stop me getting my daily exercise by mowing the one bit of grass that hasn't been done y...
-
First, the good news. That proto-rash I mentioned on my right thigh has 90% vanished and looks a healthy pink rather than anything nastier. ...

No comments:
Post a Comment