Wednesday 22 April 2020

21/04/20

A bit of confusion yesterday over a couple of meds that I'm still taking daily although I'm off chemotherapy - one anti-herpes and one anti-pneumonia. I'm running low of them so I ordered some more from Springfield (for some reason I get them from there not from the GP surgery) and requested delivery because of our COVID-19 isolation. They arrived by taxi and the driver wanted a payment of about £23 and could only accept cash. We are, of course, advised to avoid cash in favour of contactless payment wherever possible. Sue, who answered the door, assumed that this was a delivery charge. The driver 'phoned his office, and I gather they said that somebody else would pay, probably the NHS. The driver went away unpaid, leaving us awaiting some clarification later. Then Sue had the thought that it might have been a private prescription charge, because we had a bit of an issue about that last time I ordered the same pills. Should they be paid for by my insurers between chemo courses, or do we have to pay? It seems to me that if it was a prescription charge there should have been some sort of invoice in the package, and there wasn't.
We'll sort it out later today, but it's the kind of complication that we could do without in these already stressful times.

2 comments:

  1. My scripts are kept at the pharmacy and I order my medications using an app on my phone, thus avoiding the standard ten-minute wait. Self-isolation means having them delivered by the pharmacy and this happened for the first time yesterday. The pharmacy is only a five-minute drive away and I was not charged for the delivery. I hope someone else pays for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what happens with my NHS prescriptions from the GP surgery - more ten minutes away than five. They use volunteers (local bike & motorbike clubs) for deliveries. But this is about private prescriptions which are normally charged to my insurance.

    ReplyDelete

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...