Sunday 19 April 2020

18/04/20

Went to bed at a reasonable hour (about 02:15) Friday night, woke up late this (Saturday) morning so should have had enough sleep but couldn't keep my eyes open after breakfast and nodded off in my chair downstairs. This is  not all that unusual, but this was worse. Woke up enough to get the cat drinking filter from "their" room upstairs and bring it down for its weekly clean - then fell asleep again. Had a light lunch of cheese, biscuits, and tomatoes - and you know the next bit. But then I had a burst of energy and took the new off-road walker out to investigate the Essex Way in the opposite direction from the one we usually do. The first level part of the path is very deeply rutted and pitted but Victor Veloped coped admirably. Then there's quite a steep downhill stretch until you reach the road going to the far end of Good Easter, where I turned round for the return trip. Unfortunately there's no realistic way of making a circular route out of it. It was a hard and slow push back up the hill and I needed a couple of stops to get my breath back but at least I proved the route as a practical one, in a spell of dry weather at least. Wouldn't want to try it through thick mud after rain.

Otherwise, no change. Still in limbo awaiting the paraprotein and light chain numbers from Tuesday's blood tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...