Wednesday 12 October 2022

11/10/22 Frost, cataracts, paraproteins

 The first frost of the year on the flat roof over the kitchen this morning, and some good autumn colour on the Virginia Creeper as well:



















Went to see the opthalmologist at Springfield this morning. Unlike the optical Express man, he is prepared to give me multifocal lenses despite small risk of problems if my AMD gets worse. But it has remained very early-stage and stable for  what must be at least ten years, with daily Optivision and keeping out of bright light and away from UV - hence the hat I'm always wearing in outside photos. I think I'm willing to take a small risk in return for being free of the hassle of my normal varifocal glasses and another pair for the computer and another for driving. I'm always going up stairs or downstairs or out and finding I've got the wrong ones on. They drive me mad. But of course I'll need some top-quality UV-blocking sunglasses for every time I go outside.

The saga of the MRI request form continues, but more about that (probably) when I eventually get a date. And the good news is that I've at last got the paraprotein result from the last blood test - still undetctable, which is very good news indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...