Monday 3 October 2022

03/10/22 Cataracts and scans

Going to Optical Express in Lakeside tomorrow morning for assessment of my cataracts and to find out what they can offer me in terms of multifocal or accommodating new lenses. And of course, prices and waiting times. Then next week we'll compare that with what Springfield's ophthalmologist has to say and how much AXA will pay towards the total cost.Whatever the outcome of that is, I want them done with minimal delay because I'm getting to the point where I shall have to ban myself from driving.

Springfield Radiology have refused the neurosurgeon's MRI request, saying not enough information, so that's going bac for him to try again. And haematologist Dr.Ch has refused his request to arrange hip and leg X-rays, saying that myeloma has "moved on". Instead he's sending me to Southend for what will be my third PET CT scan. In other words, more delays on both sides...

Not a great image, but best I could find:



No comments:

Post a Comment

15/04/24 Good news, mostly

I have my appointment for CT scan and pre-assessment at UCLH (Euston) on Wed 17th, probable surgery date for the cement injection Thursday 2...