Wednesday 12 October 2022

12/10/22 Progress

Just an addition to the tale of the Springfield ophthalmologist. There's a fancy new laser machine that measures the curvature of the cornea and the length of the eyeball - both needed to get exactly the right replacement lens. He couldn't get the machine to work on my left eye - apparently the cataract is so bad that it couldn't penetrate to "see" to the back of my eye. So I have to go back next week, by which time he will have got his old ultrasound machine out of the attic or wherever it lives, dusted it off, and got it ready for me.

That's progress for you! An unwelcome week's delay, but at least it gives time for some more research on the different types of lenses and the AMD risks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...