Saturday 9 May 2020

09/05/20

Phone consultation with Dr.Chowdhury now put off until Monday.

Yesterday afternoon Sue and I mowed the grass on our big back lawn - first time I've used a lawnmower for well over a year. The big one is self-propelled with a push-button start and a lithium battery. I haven't been able to cope with a pull-start since I broke my left shoulder back in 2017. It has no manual choke (automatic, I presume) and no primer bulb either and I was a bit concerned about stale petrol still in the tank, but I topped it up with fresh(ish) fuel and it started with a cloud of blue smoke on the fourth attempt. Not bad, under the circumstances.

The problem with this mower is that it's either stopped or full speed ahead - almost impossible to find and hold a speed somewhere in between. Full speed is a little too fast for me now, so I have trouble keeping up and if I drag behind that lifts the front wheels so the blade doesn't cut properly.

Anyway, that got me down to the dragonfly pond and pleased to see a few dragons and damsels about this early in the year. Now to bed, and I hope I wake up without too much damage from the afternoon's efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

28/04/24 Cement!

 An early morning trip to London last Thursday morning, and straight into anaesthesia and the procedure. I gather it took a bit over two hou...